Monday, July 27, 2009
A Tribute to Grandpa Hatch and the Yellow Truck!
Some of the best memories i have of growing up include my grandpa Hatch and the yellow truck. I am so lucky to have such an amazing gramps! When i was a little girl he was my favorite, when he left the house i would cry and beg him not to go... he invented the pricess chair as a ploy to get out of the house! In Highschool he never missed a game, and usually beat us to the gym, it was nice to know that he would always be there.
The yellow truck is just as much as the family as i am, all the grandkids learned to drive it when we were far to young to be driving. There were many bunny bashing, spotlighting, and camping trips all taken in yellow truck.
There are so many wonderful memories that involve this truck, when you see it you smile! While i was in Pinedale i had the idea to take the talegate and make it into my headboard. It turned out perfect. You can see how beat up it is, so imagine what the rest of the truck looks like! Each dent comes with a story and a smile.
I love walking into my room everyday and seeing this, it makes me smile each time! I feel like i have a piece of my Grandpa with me, and that is the best feeling ever.
Grandpa- Thank you so much for everything you have done for me. My fondest memories are of you. You are such a thoughtful and generous man. I wish there were more people like you, the world would be a better place. I wish i lived closer so i could see you more often, but i am so thankful for the times i do get to spend with you. You have impacted my life more than you know. When i am having a hard time i just think of you and know that i can get through anything! I love you more than anything, and hope i make you proud! i will never forget the best advise you ever gave me. Eat right. Get a little exercise. And don't take any wooden nickles! Your the best Grandpa anyone could every ask for. I love you millions! -Jiggs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so cute! What a great idea! Your grandpa is pretty awesome i remember seeing him at all your games.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tribute to GP. I know he loves you more than anything! His grandkids are the brightest spot in his life (and there were many!) He thanks you for all the entertainment at the ball games. He was always SO proud of you!
ReplyDeleteGM love you too.
What can I say but my eyes are filled with tears. Everything here is so true. We love him tons. We had a great time this past week with you guys come visit soon.
ReplyDeletehey emily i love this and everything is so true. I love your grandpa and also looked up to him so much. After all the ball we played he feels just like a grandpa to me too. It's so true how they would beat us to our games i think it was a race with him and my parents and how they always knew where everything was. I love them and let them know i am praying and thinking about him and your grandma.
ReplyDeleteoh Em, that was so sweet, you definetly brought tears to my eyes. I saw the yellow tailgate but I didn't know the story behind it, that is so cute.
ReplyDeleteEm...that's so sweet!! It sounds like your gramps and my gramps are pretty similar!! I love the yellow truck story!!
ReplyDeleteThat is the cutest idea! it looks so awesome!
ReplyDelete